Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I fly

She said, "you're good". She said, "if you don't take care of yourself, nobody will". She said, "you haven't given yourself time to grieve the loss of a love affair". She said, "you are not in control and you also are not responsible for other people". She said, "you have to let go. . . you have to say good-bye. . . you have to close the door". She said. . . Such a very smart lady. Well educated. Well lived. Well experienced. Oh, how I wish I could remember all her words of wisdom. . . "in the moment" when it counts - when it matters most. I have this very long "want" list. What I want my life to look like - how I want it to "be". I have another list - a list of what "is". These lists are polar opposites. I'm ready to burn list number one and implement list number two. Can I? Will I? How long will I lug this heavy - burdensome bag of crap. . . guilt. . .around with me? When can I finally put it down for good? Is the time now? Am I there? She thinks so. And! She is smart. So now I fly. In the face of fear. I fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment